Spoiler Warning


Always assume Spoilers and possible profanity in context. These are often adult themed movies.


Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Liebster Award


I'm the latest victim of a blogging award, thanks to my pal, M. over at The Smoking Pen. Since she writes one of my favorite baddass blogs (Check out her Tarantino Blogathon) however, I'm delighted to play along. 





So, here are the rules:

1. Tell us 11 things about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions the blogger who awarded you asked
3. Pass the award to 11 people
4. Give them 11 questions.
5. Tell them about the award.
6. Don't award people who are recipients already.


1. I've read more comic books than anyone I know.

2. I've been teaching myself to play the piano for years. While I can read music slowly, I always end up just playing what I feel like in my head at the moment.

3. I write poetry and fiction sometimes.

4. It drives me crazy when someone uses a word wrong. I don't dwell on it, as I suppose it's good they're working on vocabulary, but it often ruins whatever I was reading.

5. I'm a pretty committed agnostic, which is in my view, just a decision to focus on questions that are solvable and relevant to living.

6. I collect Collected Works editions of poetry. There's just something about being able to access someone's whole life's work from my own bookshelves.

7. I've been to every state in the continental U.S.A.

8. I have a nineteen year old son, although I don't feel nearly old enough.

9. I can't stand Judd Apatow movies. I've given them many chances but they just don't work for me.

10. Mushrooms are about the only food I don't much care for.

11. I've discovered recently that I really enjoy gardening.



And there are the questions M. asked:

3D--yes or no? No. I really haven't been impressed with any yet.

Lord of the Rings or Star Wars? Star Wars for sure (only the original 3 though) Can't shake the stuff you grow up with.

What movie would you like to see in theaters that you never got to see? Alien

What's your major draw for a movie: actors, director, or script? Director first. I hold the director responsible for everything that happens in a movie, whether bad acting or a bad script. It's his/her job to pick the good stuff.

Who is your favorite person to watch movies with? My girlfriend, Jasmine. She doesn't mind when I provide heavy commentary.

Who are your top three favorite action heroes? John McClane, Ash Williams, Indiana Jones

The zombie apocalypse is upon us--what movie characters do you want in your camp to keep you alive?
Thor, Darth Vader, John McClane, that should be plenty.

Who is the one actor you love to hate?
Seth Rogen

...And the actor you hate yourself for loving?
Brad Pitt. He's a super celebrity and all, but he's always good.

If they made a movie about your life, who would play you?
Hugh Jackman

If you could change one movie ending, what would it be and why?
Knocked Up. She should have moved away without telling him. Why? Because she'll be wishing she did.

So then next up is to pick 11 people who haven't been picked, so here goes. Whatever the recipients do with this is up to them, but they're all great sites to check out.

Radiator Heaven
Furious Cinema
AwesomeBMovies
PulpCurry
1:37 Exactly
Capes On Film
Zen For Zoey
CowBoyLands
Son:Sation
DVD Blu Ray Reviews
Addicted to Media

My questions for you, should you choose to pass on the punishment:

1. Who is your favorite director?
2. Should a Director have the option of a later "Director's Cut" or should the first released movie be the final say?
3.Of all current actors/actresses working, who should be working more?
4. What's your favorite crime movie?
5. Who wins in a fight, Thor or Superman? (Hint: Thor)
6. With all the remakes coming out these days, what 1 film most needs to be remade?
7. What movie without a sequel, would you most like to see a sequel for?
8. If you could green light any rumored (or even your own idea) movie project, what would it be?
9. Is there a movie that you once hated but eventually came to enjoy?
10. M. Night Shymalan, should he retire, or will he produce something good?
11. Who's your favorite novelist?